Sunday, March 21, 2010

Introductions

I first wanted to introduce myself and my look on Chicago sports.

I was born and raised just outside of Chicago in the south suburbs, I hold Chicago dear to my heart but more importantly, Chicago sports! I wear my heart on my sleeve and express my love for my Chicago teams in a very heated/emotional manner. So as this blog grows we all will become very close friends.

There is not a single city that can claim such a great history (when pertaining to sports) as Chicago can. Walter Payton, Michael Jordan, Bobby Hull, Chris Chelios, Gale Sayers, and Mike Ditka are just a few names to mention but in addition to our hall of fame players; the 1985 Chicago Bears were arguably the best team in the history of the NFL, the Jordan-Era of the Bulls will never be topped as they stamped a 72-10 record in '95-'96.

Maybe I'm too harsh and you can determine whether I am or not, but I hold Chicago to quiet a high standard due to the fact that we can, have, and should be concidered the best. So when the Blackhawks give up a 3-0 lead and lose to the Capitals in the 3rd, or the Chicago Bears allow the Atlanta Falcons to march the length of the field to kick a game-winning field goal with <30 seconds in the 4th. I get UPSET and I let everyone know how I feel.

I try to keep everything entertaining as well as informative, I will try to keep this as family friendly as I can but I will give everyone fair warning... sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me when it comes to my beloved teams!

****As I said before I love my Chicago sports, but I do work every day 9-6pm EST as I just recently relocated to North Carolina. I don't have the ability to keep up with ALL Chicago teams 24 hours a day 7 days a week, so I will do my best to keep everyone informed but I am going to personally focus on the Chicago Blackhawks and the Chicago Bears. I will be looking for more writers to help cover all Chicago Sports. Once we have enough subscribers and writers, I will purchase some web space and a URL as well as outsourcing mobile applications for Android and Apple (I put Android first because I am a Moto Droid user.... and it's the bomb!)

No comments:

Post a Comment